Unite and Recover Community Stimulus Package
The $50 million Unite and Recover Community Stimulus Package will fast-track South East Queensland (SEQ) councils’ investment in new infrastructure and community assets that create jobs and deliver economic stimulus to local communities.
The following Councils are eligible to receive funding under the package: Brisbane City Council, Gold Coast City Council, Ipswich City Council, Lockyer Valley Regional Council, Logan City Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council, Noosa Shire Council, Redland City Council, Scenic Rim Regional Council, Somerset Regional Council, Sunshine Coast Regional Council and Toowoomba Regional Council.
The Grant Program provides $50 million, delivered through a mix of base allocation funding of $24 million (fixed allocation of $2 million for each of the 12 eligible SEQ Councils) and $26 million distributed on a competitive application basis.
The objective of the Grant Program is to support SEQ Councils to assist Communities to respond to and recover from the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, including economic investment that:
- supports reductions in unemployment in areas of need (including youth unemployment or a location within a local government area within high unemployment);
- stimulates employment now and has lasting benefits for community assets and economic development; and
- provides for economic investment in outer-urban areas and rural towns of SEQ which are less connected to larger economic hubs.
All projects must be completed by 30 June 2021.
- Applications opened 22 June 2020
- Applications closed 3 July 2020
- Announcements made 11 August 2020
Forms and resources
Brisbane Office: (07) 3452 6762
Toowoomba Office: (07) 4616 7315
Brisbane Program Office: (07) 3452 6728
Last updated: Monday, Nov 30, 2020